Not only are sports an exceptional way for kids to get the exercise they need, they also promote teamwork, cooperation, and good sportsmanship. We are very fortunate at Oaklands to have the best K-5 sports program in Victoria!
Grades 4-5 Boys’ and Girls’ Team (November – January)
- Skills instruction and games
Cross Country (Fall and Spring)
Grades 3 – 5
- Co-ed – lunch hour practices. All meets held Monday after school.
Grades 1-5 (February – March)
- Co-ed – Once weekly – Some instruction, but mostly games
Grades 3-5 – House Soccer at Lunchtime (September – October)
- Co-ed – Twice weekly
- Wednesday after school practices
Grades 3-5 (May – June)
- 2-3 times weekly – 100 meters, 800 meters and 4×100 meter relay teams – culminated by a track meet at UVIC